Actors work in teams. Each team is responsible for an individual hospital. The teams are large enough to ensure that despite actors' other work commitments reading sessions are never missed and patients never let down.
"InterAct fits in well with our recent drive to increase patients activity and interaction on the ward. It leaves patients brighter in mood, happier and more alert."
Kath Whiteside, Occupational Therapy Stroke Team Lead, Wythenshaw Hospital.
The hospitals are visited three times a week. They choose the times and days that they would like these visits to occur. A hospital session lasts two hours. InterAct Stroke Support reads at the following 14 London hospitals:
- Charing Cross Hospital
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
- Clayponds Hospital
- Edgware Hospital
- Homerton Hospital
- King's College Hospital
- Lewisham Hospital
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Royal London Hospital
- St Mary's Paddington
- St Pancras Hospital
- St Thomas' Lambeth
- The Royal Free
- West Middlesex
We also read in 7 regional hospitals
- Moseley Hall Hospital, Birmingham
- Royal Sussex Hospital, Brighton
- Wythenshawe Hospital, Greater Manchester
- Royal Oldham Hospital, Oldham
- Princess Royal, Hayward's Heath
- Frenchay Hospital, Bristol
- Newcastle Upon Tyne General
We also read in over 50 stroke clubs.