Actors work in teams. Each team is responsible for an individual hospital. The teams are large enough to ensure that despite actors' other work commitments reading sessions are never missed and patients never let down.
"InterAct fits in well with our recent drive to increase patients activity and interaction on the ward. It leaves patients brighter in mood, happier and more alert." - Kath Whiteside, Occupational Therapist, Wythenshaw Hospital.
The hospitals are visited two or three times a week. A hospital session lasts two hours. InterAct Stroke Support reads at the following London hospitals:
- Charing Cross Hospital
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
- Edgware Hospital
- Homerton Hospital
- King's College Hospital
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Royal London Hospital
- St Pancras Hospital
- St Thomas' Lambeth
- West Middlesex
We also read in the following regional hospitals
- Moseley Hall Hospital, Birmingham
- Royal Sussex Hospital, Brighton
- Wythenshawe Hospital, Greater Manchester
- Princess Royal, Hayward's Heath
- Southmead Hospital, Bristol
- Newcastle Upon Tyne General
We also read in over 50 stroke clubs. See the list below for further details of our stroke clubs. We also read 4 times a week at the Pembridge Palliative Care Unit.